Monday, March 2, 2009

A man wants his...chicken?!

Yesterday, after weeks (possibly months) of promising ourselves that we would be more healthy, Bo asked me to grill several chicken breasts so we could make quick, healthy meals this week. The problems is I am not the most creative person when it comes to chicken recipes. The other thing is I hate the taste of reheated chicken. Therefore, I am in a bit of a pickle. I thought you guys might be able to help me with some recipe ideas. I will post one, and if a brilliant idea comes to your mind, post it on the comment link. My husband would greatly appreciate it!

Chicken Salad in Avocado Cup

Ingredients
1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
2 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon chopped orange zest
1 tablespoon chopped shallots
1 tablespoon chopped fresh red pepper
1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
Salt and pepper
1 ripe avocado, halved, pit removed, and peeled


Directions
In a bowl combine the first five ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide the salad between the two avocado halves, filling the cavity.

No comments: