Thursday, December 3, 2009

Saturday morning happiness

My baby loves pancakes. And I like to make my baby happy.
On the rare Saturdays that we get to wake up together (he hasn't had a day off in six weeks), our favorite thing to do is slowly wake up over a period of a couple hours, (this part I must edit), and then stumble into the kitchen to make pancakes. I am not sure if I have mentioned it before, but my mom is a cook like none other. She is fantasmatic! HOWEVER, in all my days, I have never tasted yummy pancakes like Bo makes. I think I said "I love you" right after I tasted his delicious fluffiness for the first time.
So, I thought I would share with you guys a few tips to make pancakes that make your tongue sing with joy.
1. Don't over mix the batter.
2. Let the batter REST. This might be the most important tip of all!!!
3. Test the hotness of the pan...
4. And as soon as the edges of your pancake starts to brown, you should flip it. NO sooner, NO later!

Make these and make your day!

No comments: