Thursday, March 17, 2011

This is for Karen G and Jenny G: Quick Recipe

The other day at work, I was chastised, scrutinized...almost ostracized for posting recipes that were said to be too "time consuming".  I mean, I am busy.  I have a full-time job, and as my mother always would say, "I don't sit at home, eating chocolates and smoking cigarettes" and planning dinner menus.  (Okay, to be honest, I do sit at home, eating chocolates and sometimes planning extravagant dinner menus.)  That's besides the point...I do work a lot, have two needy dogs and a neurotic cat, so there are many times I have less than an hour to plan and make dinner, and here is a fool-proof, go-to recipe!

Goat cheese and basil roasted chicken breast
4 Split chicken breast, skin-on, bone-in
6 oz Herberd goat cheese (or around 6 oz)
8 nice-sized basil leaves
Olive oil
Kosher salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Place chicken on a baking sheet covered with foil.  Loosen skin from meat of chicken, leaving one side intact.  Divide goat cheese into 4 pieces and smear on top of meat, under chicken skin.  Place basil leaves on top of goat cheese and replace skin.  Rub olive oil over each piece of chicken and sprinkle liberally with Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper.  Cook for 35-30 minutes.  Serve and enjoy!


3 comments:

Karen said...

yummm....super easy! thanks shelby!!:)

J Gutwein said...

;).. see you tom. evening. Love, Jenny

J Gutwein said...

;).. see you tom. night. Love, Jenny