Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hello strangers...

Hello again.  I apologize for the delay in posts.  Bo and I have been living without a computer for the past couple months.  We got rid of our "pre-marriage" computers earlier this year and purchased our current computer in February.  All of the sudden, it stopped working!!!  I was so mad sinch the computer was only a couple months old.  Anyway, figuring it was going to cost us an arm and a leg to get fixed, we were avoiding taking it to Best Buy for a diagnosis.  I have been doing all the necessary internet stuff (ie email, facebook, Gilt Groupe shopping) from my iphone.  But last weekend we got the courage to take the computer in for a work-up.  After thirty-nine minutes of waiting for the geek squad (I am pretty sure they love that everyone has to wait on them, which is most likely a first for these guys.), "Ben" looked at us and said we were overprotected.  Since we had been burned by viruses before, we were running two anti-virus programs.  Apparently that is like wearing two condoms...they cancel each other out.  So, the geek deleted one of the programs, and we are up and running!!!  After all that time avoiding taking the dang thing in, it was fixed in two seconds.  (This also reminds me of the time our heater "broke", and we had no money to get it repaired so we lived two winters shivering and shaking under blankets.  Finally my mom came down, said she would pay for it to be fixed, and the heater guy said our pilot light was out...and he re-lit it for free.)
All this to explain my abscence.  (I feel like I am in college again, trying to explain to my prof why a project was not finished.)  Anyway, I will try to make a meaningful post tonight.  Toodles!

No comments: