Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Vacation puts the "die" in diet

I told myself that I was going to eat healthy.  Salads and chicken for me.  One week on vacation can't be to bad.  I had eaten healthy for two weeks prior.  I wanted to look healthy as a horse for vacation.  Bikini was fitting better, abs were ripped like a 1920's washboard.  Well now I just feel like old nag that's being turned to pasture.  Better yet, I think they may send my ass staight to the glue factory. You know, that white glue that you smeer all over your paper when you are in kindergarden and then sprinkle glitter all over to spell your name or make a heart.  Anyway, why is eating healthy on vacation so hard.  I had mastered making a shake in the morning, planning out little healthy meals for lunch.  Working out for just one hour a day wasn't to bad.  When you are on vacation you sleep two hours longer, your naps are two hours (hell the fact that I'm taking nap let's me know that I've been defeated).  I can't even muster the "30 minute" walk that I planned for worst case scenario.  Today my diet consisted of 2 sausages   (German delight), 4-5 glasses of wine (I can't remember), two dark ass beers of some sort, and salad.  Just like Richard Simmons described it.  Oh well,  I had fun.  I have the next half of year to get back on track.

No comments: